Tuesday, February 13, 2018

December 2016

The month of December started with beautiful sunshine, and a trip out on the Ural along the Coast.

Luckily I live on the coast, it takes less than 10 minutes to get to the sea and equally a similar amount of time to get deep into the New Forest.

I really do have the best of both worlds!

Today as the sun was shining it was the coast. Keyhaven was the place.


Looking out towards the Isle of Wight.

When I was working on the buses, early morning starts was normal for me, always a struggle as I need my sleep, but it did come with it's advantages.


Parked up in a car park at the top of Milford On Sea - looking East and over towards the Isle of Wight.

It's the colours of the sky that gets me - simply beautiful.

An old friend of mine gave me some old photographs of when I was just a lad - As you can see camping has always been in my life!


I'm the one on the far left sat down


Bottom right hand corner

Also in December a few of these were consumed.


And then a few more!


And then before you knew it - Christmas!

On Boxing day we decided to take the Ural out for a spin as it was a lovely but cold day.

Quick stop at Tesco, so we could cook off the back of the Ural out in the forest.

However, we spotted a Turkey going at a stupid price so we decided to buy it!


And then take it for a ride out to the forest!


Starting to cook, but cannot remember what!


Once home a few beers


The a few more!


The a couple of cocktails


Then hit the Gin! Lymington Gin to be precise! A mighty fine Gin as well.


I'm really not sure how the Turkey ended up going from this 


To this! It was all a bit blurry!


 At least Turkey got a final ride around the New Forest!

And that as they say was that, another year done and dusted and what it year it had been!

Roll on 2017!

The journey continues................



No comments:

Post a Comment