Friday, May 19, 2017

Honda Varadero 2001 - 12 Months MOT - For Sale!!

My Honda Varadero is I'm afraid up for sale! £2500 ono

She has been sitting in the garage since I bought the Ural, so the sensible thing is to sell her on to some one who will appreciate her!

So below is the transcript from ebay and from gumtree where she will be listed later today.

By all means please feel free to contact me directly at joolsmauro@gmail.com if you are interested! Pictures right at the very end!

It's time to say goodbye to my trusty Honda Varadero, had some great trips on her and has been ultra reliable since I sorted her out.

I bought her and quickly found she was tall, so I had a lowering kit put on, which dropped her down a little. I'm 5ft 8in if you are shorter than that, this is not the bike for you.

She is a big bike and with short legs stopping on a sloping camber can cause you problems. I still have the standard links if you wish to convert back to original spec but Ill be honest unless your 6ft 6in plus I would not bother. I'm still on tip toes with her lowered!

Gear changes are smooth and the engine purrs like a Honda engine should do.

When I first got her I had a new rear Hagon shocker fitted which improved the ride considerably, it is fully adjustable and I have it on it's softest setting to try and get her just a bit lower.

I also had a new fuel pump fitted as the old one played up, since it's been fitted I have had no further issues.

Brakes have been overhauled both front and rear and new pads fitted.

I had fitted a 12v power supply which takes a traditional 12v plug and a USB plug for charging all those bits of kit you need when travelling.

Also wired in is Oxford wrap around grip warmers. These are brilliant and on full blast actually dry out wet gloves! The wiring is in place, the wrap arounds I've removed for the summer and take seconds to put on.

A new battery was fitted along with a new rectifier just to make sure that all things were covered.

Also included in the sale are brand new throttle cables (they come in 2 parts) and a new clutch cable. Always good to have spares when travelling.

A new rear tyre was put on less than 1000 miles ago.

Two ignition keys and the V5 is in my name.

I've just put her through her MOT and she has just one advisory. The headstock bearings have a very slight notch so at some point this will need looking at. Not a big or expensive job at all.

Now take a close look at the pictures, the crash bars are scratched where I have unfortunately dropped her, each time I have been stationary but it's surprising the amount of scratching that can occur!

Also the faring has been stitched as shown in the photograph. This was as a result of being stationary and putting my foot down to find no road, so over we went and well the pictures speak for themselves.

She is a big heavy bike, not for the faint hearted. But if you want a big adventure style bike that will get you through Europe in the blink of an eye this is the bike for you.

The seat is like an arm chair and I found it to be comfortable even after 10 plus hours in the saddle!

A rear Givi luggage rack is fitted to take Givi clip on panniers.

She will do approx 180 miles to the tank before the light comes on, I've never gone past this point so not sure how accurate the light is.

There is also a Scotoiler fitted with a reservoir behind the rear number plate, it works when it wants to! 

I must admit to loving this bike, if I had room I would keep her, the power for such a big bike is amazing.

However, I own a couple of other bikes and have my eye on a custom bobber so something has to go. Lucky for you it's the Varadero.

She is worth every penny so please no stupid offers, this is an honest bike. I could of painted over the scratches but preferred to leave them as it is so you can see her at her worst.

If you need a commuter or touring bike this one can eat the miles and get you there in comfort.

Usual stuff now, cash in my hand and she is yours and you get to ride her, no cash no ride - it really is that simple. The price you pay me is the price you agree to here. I've been honest about the bike so no haggling once your here.

I hope you treat her well!











No comments:

Post a Comment