Sunday, February 28, 2016

Quick Blast - Tanners Lane Beach

With Kiera away last night in Bournemouth on her Hen Do - I was left on my own and what better way to spend Sunday morning than a quick blast on the bike!

I did not want to go far and recently I was told about a little known place called Tanners Lane Beach, which is just outside of Lymington.




It did not take me long to find it, you just keep on going past the ferry terminal to the Isle of Wight, take the next right in the road sign posted to Sowley, then the next right again.

Easy to miss, as it looks like a bit of a farm track and is not signposted. Coming from the direction of Lymington I did not see the Tanners Lane road sign.


A quick turn around, and then down to the end of the road.

I believe you can park on the beach, but this is at your own discretion. There is just enough space for two cars to park up on the road and that is it!





I'm glad I found the place deserted on a chilly February morning, during the summer I can imagine how busy it could get!

 I spent around 1 1/2 hrs on the bike, as from here I looped up to Brockenhurst and then back home.

A quick blast to blow the cobwebs away!!

The journey continues........

No comments:

Post a Comment