Friday, February 5, 2016

Honda Varadero In For It's Service At 34,000 Miles

This morning I took the bike down to Bursey Engineering based in my home town of New Milton for a full service.

I dropped it off in the capable hands of Paul, who also looks after my little Honda C90 aka "Lucille".

I only have one known problem at the moment, which Paul says is an easy fix and they can sort for me.

The problem is when I brake using the foot pedal the brake light comes on, but when I brake using the handle bar lever the brake light does not come on.

This is 9 times out of 10 the fault of the micro switch in the lever.

On initial inspection Paul thought it prudent that the front tyre is changed, all though it is still good for a couple of thousand miles, with a couple of trips planned it would be ragged by the end of them. Better safe than sorry.

So she is down there as we speak, I haven't had a phone call yet telling me there is a problem, so fingers crossed!

Will find out later today!

Well it's now later, and I am pleased to say that I have the bike back with no issues! Hooray!!!

The brake light was sorted with a new switch.

I was a little nervous, I asked Paul to give it a proper going over, but he couldn't find anything wrong with it at all! 

Very chuffed - £200 lighter in the wallet, but money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

Just the new tyre to go on the front and ready to go!

The journey continues...........


No comments:

Post a Comment