Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Quick Trip To Calshot

Last Sunday late in the afternoon I found myself with a couple of hours spare and so I took the opportunity to get out on my trusty Honda C90 aka Lucille.

Heading across the New Forest I was aiming for Calshot.

It didn't take very long to get there and the traffic was light. I have been to Calshot before but never to the end of the spit.

This time I rode to the very end and it was well worth the trip. Watching the boats come in and out of Southampton docks as they make their way around the world. It really is a busy port.

A small castle built in 1539 sits at the end of the spit, protecting the entrance and there is a large hanger which used to be home to the flying boats, now an activity centre.




I could of spent hours watching the boats, but the sun was setting and it was time to give my new lights a good work out.




The trip home was easy, but I regretted not wearing my bike trousers as I was just in Jeans and was a tad cold by the time I got home.

A round trip of 40 or so miles and as always "Lucille" performed brilliantly.

The journey continues........

No comments:

Post a Comment