Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lands End To John O'Groats And Back - The Mission

Well, I've been inspired by Will Geordie English an old army mate and Ed Marsh who is a mad bloke who has travelled the world on a Honda C90.

After reading of their adventures, I thought it about time that I did something similar myself!

So the mission is to travel to Lands End, where I will set off using a Honda C90 or similar, travel up to John O'Groats, across the Northern coastline of Scotland to Durness where I will head south and ride to Margate/Dover, then across the Southern coast to finish back where I started at Lands End.


This is all to be completed in a two week time slot in April 2014.

I will be raising money for charity. The charity that I have chosen is "Help For Heroes" A charity which helps wounded ex service personnel. Doing the job that our Government should do!

I have set a target of £2000, but to be honest anything I get is a bonus!

You can donate via my justgiving page at http://www.justgiving.com/Julian-Mauro

There is lots to do, I've more or less planned the route but that can change and probably will.

As far as equipment is concerned, the only thing I have is a pair of gel pants and a lot of determination!

Now that I have gone public with this mad capped idea of mine I had better get organised and start trying to blag the equipment I need!

I will try and up date as often as possible so stay tuned to see how things turn out.

Till later.............

No comments:

Post a Comment